I am not currently practising but hope to return to return to practise soon. I am occasionally still blogging. You can also find me on my Facebook page.
As a cognitive behavioural psychotherapist, Alieshia uses her vast knowledge of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) to help you manage your mood, feel better about yourself as a person and increase your sense of wellbeing. CBT in simple terms means thought (cognitive) – action (behavioural) therapy and looks at how our thoughts and actions interplay to influence the way we feel and vice versa. Using a mixture of evidenced-based cognitive and behavioural techniques she will equip you with the methods necessary to help you not only in the present but also provide you with a toolkit to help you flourish in life in the future. Alieshia takes a very compassionate approach to her therapy work and incorporates mindfulness whenever this is beneficial to her clients.
CBT is an evidenced based therapy and has shown to be effective for helping with issues such as;
- panic, panic disorder & panic attacks
- generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) excessive worry
- managing stress
- health anxiety & hypochondriasis
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- social anxiety (also known as social phobia)
- low self-esteem
- management of emotional impact of long term physical health conditions
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Exploring with clients to fulfill their potential, be more productive and live more purposeful and meaningful lives.
For more information or to book a consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone 0793191858.