Alieshia likes to support people who may feel “stuck in life” to help them to tap into their strengths, overcome their challenges and explore how to live a more meaningful and purposeful life. She also uses CBT and mindfulness techniques to support people in improving their confidence, as well as using her expertise to help people overcome challenges such as phobias, anxiety disorders and depression.
Alieshia has enjoyed working in mental health in a number of roles in a variety of different settings, both within the NHS and private sector. Her experience includes working with adults with severe and enduring mental health problems in the community and in rehabilitation units. Alieshia has also worked with adults with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and challenging behaviour. She is also proficient in the cognitive behavioural psychological assessment and treatment of depression and anxiety conditions. Alieshia was a panel member for the periodic review of the MSc/PgDip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course at the University of Hertfordshire.
Qualifications, Training and Awards
- Post graduate diploma in cognitive behavioural therapy. (PgDip)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- A Member of the British Psychological Society.
- As an undergraduate, Alieshia was awarded the Sir John Cass Scholarship.
- The application of NLP in the management of ADHD and autistic spectrum conditions
- Smoking cessation
- Solution focused brief therapy